Welcome to the entry submission tool for the Felix Schoeller Photo Award
You can submit your entry in the following categories here between January 1 and May 31, 2019:
As a professional photographer:
- Fashion Photography
- Photojournalism/Editorial Photography
- Free Choice/Conceptual Photography
- Special Category – German Peace Prize for Photography
As an emerging photographer: Special Category – Best Work by an Emerging Photographer
Please check with the Terms and Conditions of Entry, whether you belong to the group of either professional or emerging photographers as defined for our competition.
Please have the following at hand:
- A valid email address
- A valid postal address
- Evidence of education/training for entrants in the Best Emerging Photographer category
- A concept outline of your submitted work in written form (max. 1,000 characters, in German or English)
- A CV in written form (max. 2,000 characters, in German or English language)
- Your photographic work (3 to 5 individual photographs. These may be part of a series or unrelated individual photos that follow a concept**.)
For your information: you may experience processing delays due to the large amounts of data being uploaded as we approach the closing deadline for entries. Please note that, in some cases, uploads may take up to two hours. As uploads take place in the background on your computer, you can continue to work on other things as usual. Please do not exit your browser or close the upload window while the upload is in progress.
Can I also take part when I have completed my studies in photography, or have qualified as a photographer, but am not yet earning more than 50% of my income with photography? If you work as an assistant for one or more photographers (as a member of staff or a freelancer), you may enter your work in the category ‘Best Emerging Photographer’. You must also provide verified proof of your employment as a photographic assistant signed by the professional photographer by whom you were employed. A waiting period of 6 months applies. This means that, at the time of entry, your studies in photography, qualification as a photographer, or your employment as a photographic assistant, may not have been completed longer than six months ago.
The Felix Schoeller Photo Award promotes outstanding photography and places particular emphasis on the high quality of the photography submitted. The following minimum requirements are expected to be satisfied with regard to image formats.
- Image size: min. 4,000 pixels wide or high
- Image resolution: optimised for printing at a max. size of 297 × 420 mm
- Image file format: JPEG files with maximum quality, TIFF format files with LZW lossless compression and without additional layers
- File size: single files less than 50 MB
Please also note our Terms and Conditions of Entry concerning this.